Non subscribing publishers can access the Symphony import template in the email notification the publisher receives when the agency sends the brief (screenshot below). Some agencies may email the template, in this case scroll down to the folllowing section: Below is an example of the template containing a single line item.
Click on the link Download Import Template in the above email.
From here you will see the following options:
Select the export option Standard Import Template Export unless line items with multiple flights need to be created in which case select Standard Import Template Export(Grid).
Forecasting options are available, if entering this data select either rate or value. This is an optional feature that does not need to be completed.
A blank import template will then be downloaded:
Below is an example of the template containing a single line item:
- The dark blue columns (type, publisher, site, etc.) are mandatory fields and need to be filled in
- The pale blue columns (SOV, agency commission, comments, etc.) are optional and can be left blank
- The fields in green (type, publisher, site, etc.) contain a dropdown box. For these fields only options from the dropdown can be selected
- The light blue columns contain a formula which will calculate the value if applicable
- You have the option to enter the rate or total cost for each placement. To enter the rate select RATE in the cost input type column, to enter the total cost select COST in the cost input type column
- The purchase cost column (column AH in the above screenshot) contains a formula and will be calculated automatically. It does not need not to be filled in
All other fields in the template are free form fields
* These are the default buy types. Custom buy types such as Cost Per Completed View, Cost Per Engagement, Cost Per Engagement Session, Cost Per Period, Cost Per Session, Cost Per Viewable View, Dynamic CPC, Dynamic CPM, Dynamic CPV, CPMv (Cost per Viewable Impression), CPL (Cost Per Lead), CPListen (Cost per Listen), CPD (Cost per Day) and CPDownload (Cost per Download) may also be available to select depending on what individual agencies use
* These are the default creative types. Some agencies may also have audio and native activated.
- For a video item or when the dimensions are yet to be determined enter the width and height as 1x1
- The ratecard cost refers to the media value of a line item and the base cost is the cost the agency is getting for this particular campaign. These fields can be used to show that the agency are getting a discount, if there is no discount off the items media value enter the same value in both fields. In the example above the ratecard rate is $15 CPM (5,000,000 impressions = $75,000) the rate for this campaign is $10 (total $50,000). The value in the base cost field is what will be pulled through to the insertion order.
It is also possible to package individual ad units together. Click here to read more about this.
Please email Adslot Support email@example.com to have the completed import template reviewed before sending it to the agency to import into Symphony.