Non-subscribing publishers can submit their proposal by completing the Symphony import template. When an agency briefs the publisher, they will receive the email below. To access the template, click the download import template link in the email.
Clicking on the Download Import Template link will open the page below:
The default option Standard Import Template Export should be used unless the publisher proposal contains line items with multiple flights, then the MultiFlight Grid Import Template option should be selected.
Entering forecasting details is optional, there are two methods available to enter these details: rates and values.
The Import Template will then download, it is an Excel file that looks like this:
Below is an example of the template containing a single line item:
- The dark blue columns (type, publisher, site, etc.) are mandatory fields and need to be filled in
- The light blue columns (SOV, agency commission, comments, etc.) are optional and can be left blank
- The fields in green (type, publisher, site, etc.) contain a dropdown box. For these fields, only options from the dropdown can be selected
- The pale blue columns contain formulas are do not need to be filled in
- You have the option to enter the rate or total cost for each placement. To enter the rate select RATE in the cost input type column, to enter the total cost select COST in the cost input type column
- The purchase cost column (column AH in the screenshot above) contains a formula and will be calculated automatically. It does not need not to be filled in
All other fields in the template are free form fields.
- For a video item or when the dimensions are yet to be determined, enter the width and height as 1x1
- The ratecard cost refers to the media value of a line item and the base cost is the cost the agency is getting for this particular campaign. These fields can be used to show that the agency is getting a discount if there is no discount off the items media value enter the same value in both fields. In the example above the ratecard rate is $15 CPM (5,000,000 impressions = $75,000) the rate for this campaign is $10 (total $50,000). The value in the base cost field is what will be pulled through to the insertion order.
It is also possible to create packages using the import template if individual ad units do not have their own cost. For further assistance creating packages click here.