This guide outlines the steps to take in Pegasus after the file has been exported from Symphony. Please note this import does not check whether the bookings are already in Pegasus, it simply imports whatever is in the file.
- Set-up a plan in Pegasus and enter the Plan ID into the ‘Internal Campaign ID’ field within Symphony. This can be found under the ‘details’ section of the campaign in Symphony.
- Export the billing XML file from Symphony under the ‘Billing’ tab
- Rename the file. The first part of the file name must be no longer than 8 characters long and cannot contain any spaces, slashes etc. The file name should always end in .xml eg mectest.xml
- Use the File Upload option on the File menu to select and import the file. This step copies the file from the user’s PC or network into a folder on the Pegasus server. Note: The file upload option is only available within the first window opened of Pegasus. If multiple windows are open, only the first instance will have the upload option available.
NB if the File Upload option is disabled, go to File, Preferences and choose the Classic tab. Enter the default folder to send files to. For MEC the folder name is MECSYM, for MediaCom the folder name is MDCSYM and for Mindshare the folder name is MSHSYM.
- Locate the file to be imported using the file selection window and choose the Upload option.
The following message should appear. The folder name will be the folder is set up in your workbook preferences under the Classic tab. In the example below this is the TV folder.
If the file name is too long or the folder doesn’t exist an error message will appear.
The file name needs to be shortened, and the upload retried.
- Once the file has been uploaded:
· Sign into Pegasus Classic
· Go to the Media menu (8)
· Go to the EDI Processing menu (5)
· Take the Prepare Symphony File option (13)
Enter the date you wish to import bookings from,
· Enter the folder name (it’s the same as the one you uploaded to)
· Enter the file name and press enter.
· You can use the F4 prompt key to look up the file name if you haven’t made a note of it.
If the error below shows on the screen, it means that there are already bookings that have been imported and not updated in Pegasus. You can exit and update them, or press F17 (shift F5) to continue. F17 will delete the bookings that were awaiting update and process the current file.
- Press enter on the print options screen after ensuring that the Hold Print flag is set to *NO.
The file name and contents will be validated and imported.
If there are any mapping errors, an error report will be generated and sent to your default printer. The error report will identify what the issue is. In the example error below the client code, product code and the supplier code in the Symphony file are all invalid. The codes used in Symphony need to be the same as the codes already set up in Pegasus.
Any errors in the file must be fixed in Symphony and the whole process run again.
If there are no errors on the report, you can continue with the steps below.
- Take the Work with Symphony File option (14)
The following screen will be displayed. Any new bookings will be summarised on this screen.
- Update them (8) and then view the bookings in Pegasus as you normally would.
An audit report will be printed listing the bookings that have been updated.
Note: Before pushing (8) you can view the entries by either printing them to report (6) or by going into the change option (2).
Please sign in to leave a comment.