Why Is There A Replace Feature In The Media Schedule ?
In some cases you may need to edit some changes to a field within your placement or package but unfortunately those fields are locked down for editing (this happens mostly for the publisher, site, location and format fields).
With the 'Replace' feature, you can now make the above changes needed. This feature essentially allows you to to replace any items within the media schedule (single placement, performance / sponsorship packages or an item in a package).
However the limitations to using the 'Replace' feature is when either the media schedule or billing allocations is locked and when the placement / package start date has already passed.
Another thing to be mindful of when using the 'Replace' feature is that once the item has been finalised and saved, the original item (the one you are replacing) will be cancelled (potentially impacting downstream components such as trafficking, billing and insertion order).
How To Replace Items In The Media Schedule
1. Select an item from the media schedule and select the 'double paper' icon from the tool bar above the media schedule. A drop down menu should appear with 'Replace' as an option (underneath the 'Duplicate' option ).
2. Next the 'Replace Single Placement' page should appear which will allow you to make changes to the item that have been previously locked from editing e.g. Publisher, Site, Location and Format.
Once you're satisfied with the changes select the 'Replace' icon at the bottom right of the page.
3. Before replacing the original item, a bright orange message will appear at the top of the page as seen below. Please note that with replacing a placement or package as indicated by the message, a new IO and cost item will need to be processed again, along with the re-trafficking of the replacement item.
4. When confirming the new replacement item, the below will appear in the media schedule.
You will notice the original item will be marked with a cross icon, while the replacement item will have a blank 'Sign Off' status.
5. As mentioned previously with the new replacement item you will need to sign off the Insertion Order within the media schedule again (hence the blank sign off status) and re-traffick the item to the Adserver. Also ensure that the new replacement item is added to the billing section of the campaign.
Please sign in to leave a comment.