Overtime we'll be introducing more enhanced features for editing your placements and packages via the user interface. As part of the first stages there will be three types of editing available:
- Inline editing: Allows you to edit certain aspects of your placement/package on screen (just like excel)
- In-depth editing: Allows you to edit more advanced configuration settings for your placement/package
- Bulk editing: Allows you to bulk edit using the Symphony import template
In this article we will be taking you through the first two options.
You will notice when using the scrollbar to the right side of the screen that certain fields become available to edit when hoovering over the cells. There are a few options available for you to edit using this method, these are:
- Start and end dates
- Purchase type
- Calculation basis
- Base rate
- Base cost
To update the start and end dates simply click on the cell and then from the calendar picker select your date.
You will notice that other cells when have a pen icon on them once you hoover over them - this means you can edit that cell. Once you click into the cell it will become active for you to make the edit.
When making changes to the calculation basis you will have 3 options to choose from in the drop-down menu:
- Goal: In this scenario the goal field becomes inedible and you will need to enter in the purchase type and cost values in order to derive the goal calculation
- Rate: This is when you edit the purchase type, goal or base cost to calculate the base rate
- Cost: This is when you edit the purchase type, goal and base rate to calculate the base cost
This function hasn't changed and still behaves as per normal. The tabs available to update will be reflective of your market and can vary. To access this editing mode simply select the placement or package you wish to edit and then select the 'pen' icon located underneath the filter options.