There are some considerations to make before evaluating the integration with Facebook accounts and how they are currently managed for your agency. There are three types of accounts a user can have:
- Advertiser (manages the campaigns in the business account for Facebook)
- Administrator (this is used to assign the app in the business account for Facebook and to also create other users to manage the business account)
- Developer (this is used in order to create the app which is connected to the API for trafficking from Symphony to Facebook)
Below are some examples you could follow as part of your account structure before proceeding with the integration.
Facebook Developer Accounts: Setup group email account for FB Developer Accounts. This will be used to create an App for Symphony API integration, then granted access to each FB Ad Manager Account; the App is created by the Developer Account that you will create, and its sole purpose is to integrate with Symphony.
Symphony Trafficking: The Developer Ad Account will be used to traffic all campaigns in Symphony, and should be granted access to FB business accounts.
Create 1 group email account per Business Unit (BU). The overall Agency Champion and each BU Champion will have access to these accounts.
- Pros: Integration Token remains confidential between the overall Agency Champion, and each BU Champion.
- Cons: Re-setup integration for each BU, which needs to be renewed every 60-90 days if the agency only has the ‘Advertiser’ access to the dashboard.
Create 1 group email account for the entire agency. The group email account credential will be shared between the Symphony Champion and all BU Champions
- Pros: Manage integration for only 1 account. The rest will be setup for contingency.
- Cons: Integration Token will be shared across all BU champion
When a user creates a campaign in Symphony, it will use the Developer Ad Account to push the campaigns to Facebook Dashboard. However, when accessing the campaigns within the Dashboard, the user should still use his/her own corporate account to further setup the campaign and upload the ad sets.