Agencies using the 1st party billing split feature can now retrieve billing data directly from Facebook. That said in order for this feature to work you must traffic to Facebook from Symphony.
To request activation of this feature, please contact your agency administration user.
Once enabled, you can retrieve data for any cost items with Facebook as a 3rd party ad server by following the steps below:
- Click on the billing module of the campaign you are working on
- Select the publisher from the list
- From within the billing allocation screen you will see a button available called 'import 1st Party Data' - this button is located next to the publisher reference number.
Note: The Import 1st Party Data button will be disabled if placements have not been trafficked to Facebook or 1st party monthly billing data has been pulled for all available months for each cost item for the publisher
- The most recent billing data will then be retrieved from Facebook and populated for those months for which there are no locked or custom splits. You will also receive email confirmation of this
- The months for which data is retrieved is locked with a new symbol indicating the billing data has been imported
Note: You can override the values retrieved from Facebook at anytime by selecting ‘Custom’ and typing over the retrieved amount