How trafficking works in Symphony for Facebook is made up of 2 components, namely a Facebook app for the API connection and an Ad Account which is managed via the Facebook Business settings. In this article we will take you through the steps on how to create a Facebook app and how to configure it.
An important thing to note before you begin, you will need to ensure that you have created your system user under the Facebook business setting first before you can proceed with this step as this is needed in order to create your app. The other thing is the email address you use - this must be the same in all instances for Facebook - please refer to the prerequisites.
- There are 2 options in order to access the apps dashboard for Facebook:
- Business settings: From your Facebook business account under the Accounts section, simply select the Apps option. If you already have apps available click on one of them and then select the Open in App Dashboard button (located top right corner)
- URL: Go to https://developers.facebook.com/ and then select My Apps from the main menu
- Click on the button to add a new app. Select the ‘manage integrations on behalf of customers or clients’ option. Select 'business' as the app type. Then give the app a name, assign the primary email and allocate the business manager account.
- Then add the marketing API to the app so that it can work with the Facebook marketing API.
- This next step is for configuration purposes as well as Facebook compliance. From the main menu click on the settings option. Here you will have 2 options:
- Advanced: Under this option you will need to scroll to the 'security' section and enable the 'allow API access to app settings' and save.